Massachusetts Employment Law Attorneys, Worcester County
Protect Your Rights in the Workplace. Call 508-762-1397.
Even though most employees are “at will,” both Massachusetts and federal laws protect employees and people seeking employment from unfair practices. If you believe that you have been treated unfairly by an employer, call the top Massachusetts employment law attorneys at Murphy & Rudolf, LLP.
When you retain Murphy & Rudolf, LLP, you benefit from all of the following:
- 50 years of combined experience
- The resources and knowledge to look at your case from multiple angles
- We keep a small case load so we can devote a lot of time to each case
- Diligent case preparation and aggressive representation
Employers who have engaged in particularly egregious conduct may be liable for punitive damages. The attorneys at Murphy & Rudolf, LLP evaluate your case and determine whether your rights may have been violated. No employee should have to tolerate unfair treatment by an employer. If you have a claim, we can help make you whole again.
Cases We Handle as Massachusetts Employment Law Attorneys
We have the experience you need when you are facing a variety of issues, including:
- Wrongful termination, such as discrimination, “constructive discharge,” or “constructive termination,” or a situation in which an employer makes the work environment so difficult for an employee that the employee is forced to quit.
- Discrimination in hiring, firing, and workplace policies, including discrimination based on age, race, gender, maternity status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, or ancestry.
- Unpaid wages and benefits, such as when you believe that you have not been paid for time worked, overtime, or have not received benefits. You may have a claim under the Massachusetts Wage Act and /or the federal Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Misclassification as an independent contractor when a company issues 1099 tax forms illegally. If you feel that you have been treated as an independent contractor when you are actually an employee, you may have a right to recover unpaid compensation.
- Sexual harassment which is sadly common and should not be tolerated. The law protects employees from harassment, and if you have been harassed at work you have the right to take action.
- Occupational license defense for health care providers, realtors, childcare providers, casino workers, liquor store owners, accountants, attorneys, and contractors. If you are charged with a crime, your license may be in jeopardy.
If your employer has retaliated against you simply because you complained about a wrongful workplace policy or practice, you may have a claim against the employer. The law acknowledges the power that employers often have over their employees, and that employees would be afraid to challenge unfair employment practices without adequate legal protection.
Non-Compete Agreements & Waivers
If your employer made you sign a non-compete agreement, you should make sure that the agreement does not violate Massachusetts law. Non-compete agreements that unreasonably restrict your right to work may be illegal and unenforceable. If your employer asks you to sign a waiver form that could release rights you have, you should consult with an attorney before agreeing to sign. Some waivers may not be enforceable.
Other Employee Rights
There are many statutes and regulations that apply to the workplace, and employees often have rights that they do not realize they have. Because individual circumstances vary so much, it is worth consulting an attorney if you have reason to believe that your employer is treating you unfairly.
Call Us Today for More Information – 508-762-1397
Do not wait to consult with a Massachusetts employment law attorney at Murphy & Rudolf, LLP. In some cases, either the law or practical considerations may require you to take action promptly. It is paramount that you begin working on your case immediately.
Depending on the circumstances, you may be entitled to compensation and relief, including:
- Unpaid wages and benefits
- Lost income
- Attorneys’ fees
Request a FREE Consultation or Call 508-762-1397.
We are devoted to effective trial lawyering. We know how to deliver aggressive defense strategies and we know how to speak to juries and judges alike.