Contempt of Court Order

Worcester Attorneys for Contempt of a Court Order

Proving contempt of court needs to be done correctly, and a family law attorney from Murphy & Rudolf, LLP can help you - Serving Middlesex and Hampden Counties

Contempt of a court order generally refers to conduct that violates the authority or dignity of a court by willfully disobeying a court order. If you are facing a complaint of contempt in Massachusetts, the Worcester family law attorneys at Murphy & Rudolf, LLP have extensive experience dealing with contempt of court order hearings.

Proving contempt of court is a prosecutor’s goal. Our firm can help you in this process. Call us today at (508) 570-3037 to find out how we can help.

Complaints for contempt of a court order may arise for situations involving:

  • Noncompliance with a visitation schedule
  • Failure to pay child support
  • Unwillingness to divide marital property as ordered by the court
  • Unilaterally making a decision about the welfare of a child despite joint custody

When the court enters an order or judgment, it is expected that both parties follow the court’s decision. However, sometimes one party may violate an order or judgment and the other injured party may want to seek relief from the court. When this happens, the injured party may file a complaint for civil contempt and ask that the court take action.

Proving Contempt of Court 

In order for a court to find a party in contempt, there must be a clear order or judgment that was purposefully and willingly violated. A party may unknowingly violate a court order or judgment because it is vague or confusing, and he or she will most likely not be held in contempt. However, if the order or judgment is easy to understand and a party chooses to act contrary to the obligations imposed by the order or judgment, then he or she will likely be found in contempt of court.

If the court finds one of the parties in contempt, the judge has the authority to impose sanctions at his or her discretion. Because of the seriousness of the penalties, it is important to have experienced legal assistance throughout the process. Our Worcester family lawyers can work hard to protect your rights and seek a favorable outcome for your case.

If you need assistance for pursuing or defending a complaint of contempt, contact Murphy & Rudolf, LLP at (508) 570-3037 today for a free consultation.

  • “The communication was clear, precise, and consistent; they answered all of our questions with a lot of patience.” - Jeanette F.
  • “They were truly the best attorneys I could have asked for.” - Louie W.
  • “Him and his staff are attentive, and respectful when it came to dealing with this case.” - Nilson Crespo

Get Started With a Consultation

Contact Us Today or Call Us at (508) 570-3037

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy