Worcester Attorney Sarah Varney
Assisting Clients throughout Worcester County
Sarah Varney joined Murphy & Rudolf in March of 2022 and concentrates her practice in criminal defense and civil litigation in Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Varney worked as a Staff Attorney at the New Hampshire Public Defender—representing clients charged in the Juvenile, District, and Superior Courts—and previously interned with the Philadelphia Public Defender’s Office and the CPCS Public Defender Division office here in Worcester.
She has yet to lose the public defender heart, and, with a background in the service and hospitality industries, Ms. Varney goes the extra mile to ensure her clients get the best advocacy possible.
Lei parla italiano.
Areas of Practice
- New Hampshire
- Federal District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law
- J.D. (Criminal Law concentration), summa cum laude
- Drexel Law Review, Moot Court Board
- Dean’s Award for Exceptional Achievement
- Wheaton College (MA)
- B.A. (Mathematics and Psychology), magna cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Worcester County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Massachusetts chapter
Past Employment Positions
- New Hampshire Public Defender, Laconia Office
We are devoted to effective trial lawyering. We know how to deliver aggressive defense strategies and we know how to speak to juries and judges alike.