1. Home
  2. Worcester Family Lawyers
  3. Modification Lawyers in Worcester & Springfield, Massachusetts

Modification Lawyers in Worcester & Springfield, Massachusetts

Family Law Services & Modification Lawyers that Serve Clients in the Areas of Springfield and Worcester, Massachusetts. Contact us today for assistance.

For the most part, a judgment for divorce or any other family law matter can change. No matter how hard a person may try, they cannot predict the future, and circumstances sometimes require a modification of a court order. The modification lawyers at Murphy & Rudolf, LLP can provide intelligent legal services to help you seek a favorable solution.

Call us at (508) 744-3038 today for a free consultation.

Reasons for Seeking Modification Lawyers

It is unreasonable to expect that the terms of a Probate and Family Court judgment or order can anticipate all of the possible changes that litigants and their families may experience as time passes. When something happens that makes it difficult to meet the conditions of a divorce decree or any other judgment entered under Massachusetts Divorce Law, Massachusetts Child Custody Law, or Massachusetts Spousal Support Law, a party may file a Complaint for Modification. Our Worcester and Springfield family modification lawyers can help you file the correct documents and provide legal advice throughout the process.

Modification lawyers can help with the following issues:

In order to change a judgment, the court must find certain conditions. For child support, judgments can be changed when the amount ordered is inconsistent with the application of the Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines. For alimony, judgments can also be changed when a triggering event occurs such as retirement, remarriage, or the death of a party. Experienced modification lawyers can guide these processes. 


Modifying Child Custody, Child Support, & Alimony Orders with Modification Lawyers

In cases where one or both parents are unfit to care for their children, it may be appropriate to file a complaint for modification and request a change in physical custody, legal custody, or both to ensure that the children receive proper care. In emergency situations, the court can file temporary orders to modify a divorce decree or other type of custody judgment. This allows the court to meet the immediate needs of the parents and children.

If there is a change of income for the paying spouse or payee, either one may file a complaint for modification and request an adjustment to the child support obligation. Regarding alimony, the court has the ultimate discretion when modifying alimony amounts and can consider factors such as increased income from new employment or decreased income due to involuntary loss of employment or illness. With our Worcester and Springfield family modification lawyers, you can get diligent legal assistance for your case in Massachusetts.

Need Modification Lawyers? Request a FREE Consultation or Call 508-762-1397.
We are devoted to effective trial lawyering. We know how to deliver aggressive defense strategies and we know how to speak to juries and judges alike.

Family Law

Diligent. Prepared. Determined.

Murphy & Rudolf LLP handles a wide range of legal issues, including criminal defense matters to complex civil litigation cases. No matter what your case involves, we understand you may be concerned about your future, rights, and interests. Our team of Worcester lawyers do all the investigatory work needed to help leverage your case into a favorable position. We fight tirelessly to secure a positive outcome with the results you need.  

Call us at 508-762-1397 today for a free consultation.

Call Us Today!

Call Us Today!

Request a Free Consultation

Contact Murphy & Rudolf, LLP Today! Our Worcester Trial Attorneys specialize in Criminal and Civil Matters. Call us or fill out the form and someone from our firm will reach out to you shortly to confirm an appointment.

Contact Murphy & Rudolf, LLP Today! 508-762-1397

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. © All Rights Reserved.

English English Español Español