Criminal Record Sealing

Sealing Records in Worcester – Defense Lawyers

Interested in How to expunge a Criminal Record in MA? We Can Assist You Today with Sealing Records in Middlesex and Hampden Counties

Those with a criminal record may find they are having trouble seeking employment, applying for a loan or credit, or are ineligible to purchase a firearm. Because this can happen with even small, nonviolent convictions, the law has created provisions to allow individuals to petition to have their criminal record sealed from these background checks.

Are you wondering how to seal a criminal record? Our attorneys can help with sealing records in Massachusetts, and you may be able to expunge a criminal record with our help.

Worcester criminal defense attorney from Murphy & Rudolf, LLP​ may be able to help you expunge a criminal record. We recognize the impact a criminal conviction can have on your life, which is why we work hard to help all of our clients restore their life back to normal quickly and cost-effectively. We have a detailed knowledge of the process for sealing criminal records, and we can provide you with reputable advice when preparing your petition.

Interested in how to seal a criminal record? Let us assist you; contact Murphy & Rudolf, LLP today at 508-570-3037.

When Can You Seal Your Record?

It is important to note that you cannot seal all criminal records. In Massachusetts, Level 2 and 3 sex offenses are forbidden from being sealed due to sex offender registration requirements. Otherwise, all convictions, including felonies, can be sealed after a certain amount of time has passed.

Interested in how to expunge a criminal record in MA? Sealing records in Massachusetts requires the completion of certain waiting periods:

  • Dismissed, not-guilty, no probable cause, or Continued Without Findings results: immediately (no waiting period)
  • Misdemeanor convictions: 5 years
  • Felony convictions: 10 years

In order to seal your record, you must fill out a record request and a “Petition to Seal” form, then submit them with the court where your case was heard. The judge of that court will then decide whether or not your case warrants being sealed. This means you will likely have a short hearing before a judge, where you will have to demonstrate a “compelling government interest” in why your record should be sealed. You are allowed and encouraged to have a lawyer represent you for this hearing.

  • “The communication was clear, precise, and consistent; they answered all of our questions with a lot of patience.” - Jeanette F.
  • “They were truly the best attorneys I could have asked for.” - Louie W.
  • “Him and his staff are attentive, and respectful when it came to dealing with this case.” - Nilson Crespo

Get Started With a Consultation

Contact Us Today or Call Us at (508) 570-3037

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy