Leveling the Playing Field in Employment and Family Law, Serving Worcester County
Janet Ruggieri has 20 years of litigation experience in Employment and Family Law. She has worked for the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD), and in private practice at the firm of Pyle, Rome, Lichten & Ehrenberg, P.C., prosecuting employment discrimination, wage and hour and employment contracts and torts. She also worked in Family Law for the Department of Revenue, as well as in private practice, engaging in litigation, trial, and mediation of family issues.
As well as appearing before numerous administrative bodies, Janet has appeared in District, Superior, and Federal Court. A strong believer in fighting for the disenfranchised, she has participated in numerous committees and boards, such as the Access to Justice Committee of the Massachusetts Bar Association, the National Employment Lawyer’s Association, and the Women’s Bar Association. She has also organized women, founding Women@Lotus, a group of 200 women dedicated to the well-being and success of women in that organization.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Discrimination based on:
- Age, race, national origin, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, sexual harassment, and retaliation.
- Housing Discrimination
- Reasonable Accommodation Law under both the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and also under the FMLA
- Wage and Hour Claims
- Family Law, including:
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- U.S. District Court of Massachusetts
- Suffolk University Law School
- Brandeis University, B.A. with Honors
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Worcester County Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Women’s Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Janet R. Ruggieri
- Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination
- Pyle Rome, Lichten & Ehrenberg, P.C.
Request a FREE Consultation or Call (508) 570-3037.
We are devoted to effective trial lawyering. We know how to deliver aggressive defense strategies and we know how to speak to juries and judges alike.