Modification Lawyers in Worcester, Massachusetts

Family Law Services & Modification Lawyers that Serve Clients in the Areas of Middlesex and Hampden Counties. Contact us today for assistance.

For the most part, a judgment for divorce or any other family law matter can change. No matter how hard a person may try, they cannot predict the future, and circumstances sometimes require a modification of a court order. The modification lawyers at Murphy & Rudolf, LLP can provide intelligent legal services to help you seek a favorable solution.

Call us at (508) 570-3037 today for a free consultation.

Modifying Child Custody, Child Support, & Alimony Orders with Modification Lawyers

In cases where one or both parents are unfit to care for their children, it may be appropriate to file a complaint for modification and request a change in physical custody, legal custody, or both to ensure that the children receive proper care. In emergency situations, the court can file temporary orders to modify a divorce decree or other type of custody judgment. This allows the court to meet the immediate needs of the parents and children.

If there is a change of income for the paying spouse or payee, either one may file a complaint for modification and request an adjustment to the child support obligation. Regarding alimony, the court has the ultimate discretion when modifying alimony amounts and can consider factors such as increased income from new employment or decreased income due to involuntary loss of employment or illness. With our Worcester and Springfield family modification lawyers, you can get diligent legal assistance for your case in Massachusetts.

Need Modification Lawyers? Request a FREE Consultation or Call (508) 570-3037. We are devoted to effective trial lawyering. We know how to deliver aggressive defense strategies and we know how to speak to juries and judges alike.

Reasons for Seeking Modification Lawyers

It is unreasonable to expect that the terms of a Probate and Family Court judgment or order can anticipate all of the possible changes that litigants and their families may experience as time passes. When something happens that makes it difficult to meet the conditions of a divorce decree or any other judgment entered under Massachusetts Divorce Law, Massachusetts Child Custody Law, or Massachusetts Spousal Support Law, a party may file a Complaint for Modification. Our Worcester and Springfield family modification lawyers can help you file the correct documents and provide legal advice throughout the process.

Modification lawyers can help with the following issues:

In order to change a judgment, the court must find certain conditions. For child support, judgments can be changed when the amount ordered is inconsistent with the application of the Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines. For alimony, judgments can also be changed when a triggering event occurs such as retirement, remarriage, or the death of a party. Experienced modification lawyers can guide these processes. 

  • “The communication was clear, precise, and consistent; they answered all of our questions with a lot of patience.” - Jeanette F.
  • “They were truly the best attorneys I could have asked for.” - Louie W.
  • “Him and his staff are attentive, and respectful when it came to dealing with this case.” - Nilson Crespo

Get Started With a Consultation

Contact Us Today or Call Us at (508) 570-3037

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy